Yes, we’re giving away one place on the 2019 Six Month Novel!
The Six Month Novel came about when Charlie from Urban Writers’ Retreat and Amie (a professional editor) met. We moaned about how hard we find it to keep going to the end of a draft day-in, day-out alone, and decided that since we aren’t the only ones with this problem we’d do something about it.
- We put together our own wishlist of support and accountability to help you get to the end of your next (or first!) novel draft. It includes:
- 4-week intensive plotting bootcamp
- 4 months of writing time, with weekly motivation and progress check-ins and personal monthly accountability to help keep you on track
- 4-week intensive editing bootcamp
- Extras like an editorial review of your plot outline and 3 peer review sessions
- Professional edit of your polished first 3,000 words
- A private forum with a supportive team of fellow writers
- Monthly online writing retreat day and live video hangout with Charlie and Amie
How do I apply?
The Six Month Novel runs from Monday 4th March to Sunday 1st September 2019.
You’ll need to submit a mini synopsis as part of your form. We want to know:
- Who the main character is
- What they want
- What the central conflict/question is
- Who/what stands against them
- How it ends
Basically we need the broad-brush story arc, in 300 words or less, and please, you MUST tell us how you see the story ending.
Submit your Six Month Novel scholarship application by midnight (UK time), Monday 28th January
- Applications close at midnight on Monday 28th January 2019 (UK time).
- The prize is one free place on the 2019 Six Month Novel (also called 6MN) programme (regular version – the winner is welcome to upgrade to the handholders option with 1:1 sessions at their own cost). The Six Month Novel runs from Monday 4th March to Sunday 1st September 2019.
- Failure to follow the instructions may lead to disqualification, even if we love your application.
- Writers can apply from anywhere in the world, but you will need an internet connection to take part as the course runs entirely online.
- There is no cash alternative, and no date changes or substitutions are possible. You must make sure that you are able and willing to take part in the 2019 6MN programme.
- Our decision is final, and the decision-making process is private, but we are looking to support a writer that we believe will be able to finish their novel in the time allowed and that will genuinely benefit from working with us.